Wednesday 22 February 2012

Clever Fly Dog

Mummy would firstly like to apologise yet again for never letting the Fly dog on her lap top. She knows she is bad and must try harder!
A happy Fly
Mummy is very proud of me at the moment. Because of my little problems with dogs I have had to go to different training classes. I had to do a reactive dogs class. I spent so much time in the first two weeks shaking and trying to hide, and then growling and lunging at dogs that I had to sit behind a screen for week three. But mum was very good about doing my homework with me, and taking me to lots of places to practice my reactions. And I'm very pleased to report that by week six I was able to fully join in with the class without trying to attack any other dogs. Mum knows I won't ever be able to meet every kind of dog without a few problems, but at least now I have enough self control to ignore them. Mostly because I know that sometimes when I ignore dogs I get a piece of cheese or a game of tug!
Tuppy and me snuggling
I am very good with my foster sister Tuppence though (who is still very much alive despite her age and problems). I always like a good snuggle, and Poppy takes up a lot of human snuggles at bed time. And she can be grumpy with me sometimes. So I have had to snuggle Tuppy instead, and it turns out she is lovely to cuddle next to. I do love her, I hope she lives for a little while longer yet.
We've had lots of amazing walks. My top 5 favourite walks are
Lydeard Hill - when there aren't too many walkers
Having a good sniff
The Beach - when dogs don't run up to me
Beer Wood - But it would be better if Poppy was allowed off lead
The Levels - Especially when it is muddy
Burrow Mump - an amazing place with great smells and some ruins to play in.
I'm pleased to say that I have been on all of these walks this month. Happy, happy Fly Dog. I also had a hoof filled with tripe. Life is very good!
Big Cuddles
Fly Dog xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment