Saturday 22 January 2011

Scary but lovely new home

Hi my names Fly and my new big sister Poppy has been writing a blog. I think my big sister is great so anything she does I want to do, so I thought I would start my own blog too.
I was born on a farm and lived there until recently with my mum (a pretty spaniel) and my dad (a brilliant working collie) and lots of brothers and sisters in outside kennels. But I found the sheep and the other animals very scary and so the farmer said I couldn't stay there any longer. His daughter took me to a rescue centre so that I could find a better new home. I was sad to leave my family but happy I wouldn't have to live on a scary farm any more.
I spent nearly three weeks in the rescue centre and a nice lady visited me every day and sat with me and sometimes gave me treats. For the past couple of days she walked me as well. The other dogs told me that was a good sign and that she would probably give me a new home. I was pleased as she seemed like a nice lady and always has a lot of tasty snacks.
Yesterday the lady took me out of the kennels and picked up my bed and cuddly toy too. I was a little bit scared as I was getting used to my kennel, but the other dogs told me that a house is nicer than a kennel. We went in a car which was exciting, I didn't know dogs could go in cars. It was a little bit bumpy so I threw my lunch up on the floor of the car. I was worried I would get shouted at but the nice lady laughed. Then she said it smelt bad so when we stopped she made a nice man come out of the house and clear it up.
When I went in the house where we had stopped I met my big sister Poppy. She is a very pretty three year old spaniel who seems very clever. She says the lady and man are my new mum and dad and that they're lovely and are called Anna and Rob. She says they are the givers of food, rawhide, toys and cuddles so it is always a good idea to be nice to them. She also said that if being nice doesn't work, barking might. I haven't ever really barked so I might practice.
Me on a very comfy sofa. I'm a happy pooch
I have never been in a house before so I am finding things very scary right now. I don't really understand all the things in a house, and how I'm supposed to behave. Poppy keeps telling me just to copy what she does, but mum said I shouldn't copy everything she does as she is naughty sometimes. At least everyone is being very nice at the moment and although I think Poppy is a little bit annoyed with me following her round everywhere, she is still letting me.
I'm very tired now after all the excitement of moving and after learning how to type. This is the first time I've had to use a computer, I hope I did ok. I'm going to have a little nap now, but when I wake up I will write about my first walk.
Big cuddles
Fly xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment