Sunday 23 January 2011

Things I met on my walks

How cute am I!!
I have had a couple of walks now and they have been great but a bit scary. I met a lot of things I haven't seen before, some of them I liked and some scared me.
  • Cars - scary but necessary I believe. I can't work out whether they want to hurt me or not. Mum says they will only hurt me if I get in their way. I also wonder if I should chase them, as they go fast and I like chasing things that move fast. Mum says I shouldn't, that definitely will hurt.
  • Lorries - like big cars. Very scary. I really won't chase these.
  • Bikes - These confuse me. They only have two wheels and they go along places where I like to walk. I think people should either walk or they should have a car. Mum says bikes get you fit and are quicker than walking. I think bikes look like they might be worth chasing and Poppy agrees with me. Anything which goes along the same paths we walk on is fair game as far as me and my big sis are concerned.
  • Ducks and moorhens - They scare me, but Poppy says they're great to chase. I'm not so sure. They fly so how will I catch them, and they have loud scary quacks. I asked Poppy what she does when they fly off and she gave me a bad look. Maybe I'm missing something.
  • Children - they are tiny people and that really scares me. I know that I'm not allowed to growl at them or bite them (all pups are told this very early on, we know it is the worst thing we could ever do) so I did the next best thing and hid behind mum. The child stroked Poppy instead. She was not impressed, I have a feeling she'll make me pay for that later.
  • A road sweeper - amazing. A car with brushes on it.
  • A push chair - scary. They have children in.
  • An umbrella - confusing. Firstly I have never seen one before, secondly it wasn't raining. Mum says crazy people walk along the canal sometimes
  • Lots of other dogs. Poodle = scary. Jack Russel = scary. Golden Retriever = friendly. Black lab 1 = scary. Black lab 2 = friendly. Mum laughed at me and said they were all lovely friendly dogs, but I have only seen my brothers and sisters at the farm, a few dogs at the rescue centre, and Poppy before so I think it's ok to be scared.
  • 
    Tired dogs after our walk
    
  • A football match - confusing but fun. Poppy says they're a waste of time because dogs are never allowed to get the ball. I said to her that I think we should pretend we're well behaved so mum lets us off the lead, then we should run after the ball. Poppy thought it was a great idea, but says that mum will never let us because after three years of living with her, she is very cynical.
On the whole I'm doing very well and am getting on well with Poppy. I have lost sofa privileges though because I jumped on the sofa and sat on Pop's rawhide. When she asked for it back I growled at her.So now I have to sleep on the floor until I deserve to go on the sofa again. I hope I deserve to go back on the sofa soon. I really like it there.
Big cuddles
Fly xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment